Arellano Associates employs energetic, highly motivated and tech-savvy individuals who are dedicated to public service. As a premiere consulting firm in Southern California, AA offers the latest advancements in public outreach, communications and technology tools. Our employees enjoy a progressive, positive and challenging work environment that fosters excellence and ongoing learning.
Assistant Project Coordinator, Chino Hills, CA
Under direction from project leadership, the Assistant Project Coordinator assists with a
variety of tasks for public outreach and stakeholder engagement. This position includes
public interaction and limited client interaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting collateral materials (fact sheets, brochures, newsletters), e-communication, and social media postings
- Completing tasks needed for in-person, public engagement events (public meetings), such as meeting logistics and supplies, and event staffing
- Assisting to apply the latest tech tools to communicate project information and receive public input, such as: ArcGIS, SurveyMonkey, MetroQuest, Poll Everywhere, TypeForm, dashboards, interactive maps, etc.
- Coordinating vendor services, such as catering services, translation services, and tollfree phone lines
- Updating stakeholder databases, project websites, and social media content
- Performing project tasks within allotted time frame and budget parameters
- Communicating issues to management and directions to junior staff
Successful candidates will:
- Have 0-3 experience in marketing, communications, public outreach, public relations, government relations, planning, public policy, or a related discipline
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Be comfortable interacting with the public
- Be available to attend public meetings and in-person events during working and evening hours
- Be functional in Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and social media platforms
- Be familiar with electronic mapping, online survey tools, and public engagement software (ArcGIS, Survey Monkey, Metro Quest, TypeForm, Turning Point, and Geosocial interactive mapping)
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter (include design portfolio if applicable) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.