Arellano Associates employs energetic, highly motivated and tech-savvy individuals who are dedicated to public service. As a premiere consulting firm in Southern California, AA offers the latest advancements in public outreach, communications and technology tools. Our employees enjoy a progressive, positive and challenging work environment that fosters excellence and ongoing learning.
Assistant Project Coordinator, Chino Hills, CA
Under direction from project leadership, the Assistant Project Coordinator assists with a
variety of tasks for public outreach and stakeholder engagement. This position includes
public interaction and limited client interaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting collateral materials (fact sheets, brochures, newsletters), e-communication, and social media postings
- Completing tasks needed for in-person, public engagement events (public meetings), such as meeting logistics and supplies, and event staffing
- Assisting to apply the latest tech tools to communicate project information and receive public input, such as: ArcGIS, SurveyMonkey, MetroQuest, Poll Everywhere, TypeForm, dashboards, interactive maps, etc.
- Coordinating vendor services, such as catering services, translation services, and tollfree phone lines
- Updating stakeholder databases, project websites, and social media content
- Performing project tasks within allotted time frame and budget parameters
- Communicating issues to management and directions to junior staff
Successful candidates will:
- Have 0-3 experience in marketing, communications, public outreach, public relations, government relations, planning, public policy, or a related discipline
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Be comfortable interacting with the public
- Be available to attend public meetings and in-person events during working and evening hours
- Be functional in Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and social media platforms
- Be familiar with electronic mapping, online survey tools, and public engagement software (ArcGIS, Survey Monkey, Metro Quest, TypeForm, Turning Point, and Geosocial interactive mapping)
Bilingual in English and Spanish
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter (include design portfolio if applicable) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.